We endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisational information with equal care and respect. To reflect this we are committed to upholding the statements below.
What do we use information for?
We use the information that we collect for a number of purposes:
- To better understand the needs of our customers and how we can improve our products and services.
- To provide information which may be of interest to you about services offered by D3 Architects.
- To answer requests that customers or potential customers may have
- To respond to those that might be interested in working for/with D3 Architects.
We collect only the personal information required to provide services to our customers and potential customers. This includes:
- Property address
Other information is collected by us in subsequent meetings to enable D3 Architects to quote and serve our clients. A copy of this information is issued following those meetings to enable our clients to check and request changes as needed.
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that the individual has specifically consented or on the basis that an individual has or is entering into a contract with D3 Architects.
If we do seek to collect personal information through our website, we will be up-front, clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When you provide personal information, we will use it to contact you to continue to discuss our services and how we can work with you.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems.
In order to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of information, we perform regular checks and this may include making contact with the subjects of the data to check details.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information gathered on our website for the purposes of promoting and delivering our services is retained for 12 months from the date of consent being provided.
- We will only keep your information for as long as it is required to be retained. The retention period is either dictated by law or by our discretion.
Once your information is no longer needed it will be securely and confidentially destroyed.
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However in the course of running a contract we will need to share information with other consultants and/or local authorities. We will let you know when this will happen and what information will be shared. Normally it will just be contact details so they can quote/contact you and for the submission of application forms.
If you need more information, here's who can help:
- Data Controller: D3 Architects is a data controller and our contact is Simon Longworth-Riggs, D3 Architects, 2 St Aubyns Vean, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DX, email@example.com
Is this clear and easy to understand? Tell us what you think – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading this and we look forward to working with you.
D3 Architects we design, delight, deliver.